AGE: 12 Months and Up
YIELD: Approximately 186oz of Formula
Did you know that young children require on average 3x more calcium and 7x more vitamin D than adults*? Don’t worry…HiPP has your little one covered with Kindermilch 1+.
Kindermilch is often literally translated as “children’s milk” by other companies in the US, but we prefer the term “toddler’s milk.” This Kindermilch for 1 year and up (German: Ab 1+ Jahr) is intended for toddlers that are 12-24 months of age, while the 2+ Years Kindermilch stage is intended for toddlers between the ages of 24 and 36 months.
The added prebiotics and probiotic cultures in this Kindermilch (like those found in breastmilk) promote gut health and help to soften stool. Added vitamin D and calcium work together synergistically to promote bone growth and development, while added vitamin C helps to develop baby’s immune system.
*This statistic comparing adults and children is based on relative nutrient requirements per pound of bodyweight.
Certified organic by EU standards
Print English Instructions
View Original German-Language Labels
Probiotics based on strains found in human breast milk
Vitamins C & D for baby’s immune system and bone growth
Calcium for healthy bone development
Omega-3 for brain & eye development
Prebioticsfor gut health and softer stool
No corn-based sweeteners
No added starch
Skim milk, vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), lactose, Galactooligosaccharides (GOS) from lactose, potassium citrate, calcium orthophosphates, calcium citrate, magnesium sulfate, vitamin C, iron sulfate, lactic acid stabilizer, natural lactic acid culture (Lactobacillus fermentum hereditum), vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B2, potassium iodate, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin B12
Preparation for all powdered formulas (also consistent with US FDA guidelines):
- Boil water freshly for each of baby’s meals and allow to cool down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 °C)
- Pour in 2/3 of the necessary amount of boiled water into a clean and sterilized bottle
- Using the scoop provided with your box of formula (note that spoon sizes vary by brand and even lot), add the correct number of leveled scoops of powder (1 leveled scoop of powder per 1oz / 30ml of water)
- Close the bottle with the nipple and cap and vigorously shake
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the necessary water to the bottle and shake again
- Cool to drinking temperature (approximately 98 degrees Fahrenheit or ~ 37 °C) and ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding to avoid scalding or burning your little one
There are many mothers that regularly use distilled water without boiling it, apparently with no negative consequences. We cannot recommend this approach and there are actual reasons even the US FDA recommends pre-boiling tap or distilled water instead.
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS (HIPP KINDERMILCH 1)
SERVINGS PER DAY
# OF SCOOPS
- ONCE YOU HAVE OPENED THE INNER FOIL BAG CONTAINING YOUR FORMULA, YOU SHOULD USE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS. AVOID STORING IN AREAS OF HIGH HEAT OR HUMIDITY
- IF MIXED FORMULA IS NOT CONSUMED WITHIN AN HOUR, YOU SHOULD DISCARD IT
- DO NOT MICROWAVE BOTTLES OR FORMULA