AGE: 6 Months and Up (6-10 Months)
YIELD: Approximately 122oz of Formula
This is the newly released version of Lebenswert 2. This updated version of the product is recognizable by the fact that the packaging mentions DHA on the front (enthält DHA). Besides minor changes to the packaging, this new formulation has been improved to better conform with the EU Baby Formula Directive that went into effect in February 2020; hence, you will now see added DHA and improved vitamin/mineral content.
Lebenswert Stage 2 is suitable for infants between 6 and 10 months. Besides being more nutritionally aligned with the requirements of babies between 6 and 10 months (iron content, for example), Lebenswert Stage 2 uses maltodextrin instead of the lactose found in Stage 1. As maltodextrin is slower to process as compared with lactose, maltodextrin helps to satiate your increasingly hungry baby. Starting at 10 months, you should transition your baby to Lebenswert Stage 3, which is better aligned with the nutritional requirements for babies between 10 and 12 months.
The milk used in Lebenswert formula is sourced exclusively from organic dairy farmers that follow the strict requirements of the Bioland Association. The Bioland organic certification requirements go well beyond the requirements for the EU organic certification, making Bioland one of the most robust organic certifications in the world. As one example, Bioland certified products must contain 100% organic ingredients, whereas the EU organic certification may contain up to 5% non-organic ingredients. Farmers and manufacturers adhering to Bioland standards are regularly subjected to nationally recognized inspection bodies.
Certified Organic by Bioland and the EU
Print English Instructions
View Original German-Language Labels
Only Bioland Certified Organic Dairy Farms
Vitamins A, C, D and E for baby's immune system
Bioland and EU Certified Organic
Organic skimmed milk, organic whey product (partially demineralized whey powder), organic vegetable oils (organic palm oil, organic rapeseed oil, organic sunflower oil), organic maltodextrin, calcium carbonate, vitamin C, iron gluconate, vitamin E, zinc sulfate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, copper sulfate, vitamin B1, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folic acid, manganese sulfate, potassium iodide, vitamin K1, sodium selenite, vitamin D.
Preparation for all powdered formulas (also consistent with US FDA guidelines):
- Boil water freshly for each of baby’s meals and allow to cool down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 °C)
- Pour in ½ of the necessary amount of boiled water into a clean and sterilized bottle
- Using the scoop provided with your box of formula (note that spoon sizes vary by brand and even lot), add the correct number of leveled scoops of powder according to the table below
- Close the bottle with the nipple and cap and vigorously shake
- Add the remaining half of the water to the bottle and shake again
- Cool to drinking temperature (approximately 98 degrees Fahrenheit or ~ 37 °C) and ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding to avoid scalding or burning your little one
There are many mothers that regularly use distilled water without boiling it, apparently with no negative consequences. We cannot recommend this approach and there are actual reasons even the US FDA recommends pre-boiling tap or distilled water instead.
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS (LEBENSWERT STAGE 2)
BOTTLES PER DAY
# OF SCOOPS
|6 Months Onward
155ml or 5.2oz
190ml or 6.4oz
220ml or 7.4oz
oz = US Fluid Ounces
- ONCE YOU HAVE OPENED THE INNER FOIL BAG CONTAINING YOUR FORMULA, YOU SHOULD USE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS. AVOID STORING IN AREAS OF HIGH HEAT OR HUMIDITY
- IF MIXED FORMULA IS NOT CONSUMED WITHIN AN HOUR, YOU SHOULD DISCARD IT
- DO NOT MICROWAVE BOTTLES OR FORMULA