AGE: From 6 to 10 months
YIELD: Approximately 150 fl oz of formula
NEW 2023 version of Holle with added DHA derived from vegan sources. Holle Stage 2 is used from the 6th month onward and is suitable if replacing, or in addition to, breast milk. Holle Stage 2 is intended to be used as part of a mixed diet and can be given via bottle or added to porridge. Holle Stage 2 Organic Infant Baby Follow-On Milk is fortified with goodness that is essential for the growing nutritional needs of your baby.
Holle formula is based on milk from cows raised on biodynamic farms in Germany that are Demeter certified. The Demeter standard is truly the gold standard in terms of animal welfare and biodynamics. Demeter dairy farms avoid practices such as the painful dehorning of the dairy cows. The organic starches and maltodextrin used to make this formula creamy and satiating for your little one are also EU certified organic. Other ingredients include essential vitamins and minerals to promote your baby’s development and meet EU regulatory requirements.
Certified organic by EU standards
Print English Instructions
View Original German-Language Labels
Only Demeter Certified Biodynamic Dairy Farms
Vitamins A, C, D and E for baby's immune system
EU Certified Organic
DHA derived from vegan sources
No corn-based sweeteners
Organic Demeter skimmed milk, organic whey powder (partly demineralised), organic vegetable oils (sustrainably sourced palm oil, sunflower oil, rapeseed oil), organic maltodextrin, organic starch, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, oil from the microalgae Schizochytrium sp.2, vitamin C, calcium salts of orthophosphoric acid, L-tyrosine, potassium citrate, sodium chloride, L-tryptophan, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, vitamin E, magnesium carbonate, niacin, copper sulphate, pantothenic acid, vitamin A, thiamin, vitamin B6, manganese sulphate, potassium iodide, folic acid, vitamin K, sodium selenite, vitamin D, biotin, vitamin B12. Certified organic by EU standards.
Certified organic by EU standards.
Preparation for all powdered formulas (also consistent with US FDA guidelines):
- Boil water freshly for each of baby’s meals and allow to cool down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 °C)
- Pour in ½ of the necessary amount of boiled water into a clean and sterilized bottle
- Using the scoop provided with your box of formula (note that spoon sizes vary by brand and even lot), add the correct number of leveled scoops of powder (1 leveled scoop of powder per 1oz / 30ml of water)
- Close the bottle with the nipple and cap and vigorously shake
- Add the remaining half of the water to the bottle and shake again
- Cool to drinking temperature (approximately 98 degrees Fahrenheit or ~ 37 °C) and ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding to avoid scalding or burning your little one
There are many mothers that regularly use distilled water without boiling it, apparently with no negative consequences. We cannot recommend this approach and there are actual reasons the global health organizations recommend pre-boiling tap or distilled water instead. Watch this video for more insight into this topic.
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS (HOLLE STAGE 2)
BOTTLES PER DAY
# OF SCOOPS
6 Months Onward
- ONCE YOU HAVE OPENED THE INNER FOIL BAG CONTAINING YOUR FORMULA, YOU SHOULD USE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS. AVOID STORING IN AREAS OF HIGH HEAT OR HUMIDITY
- IF MIXED FORMULA IS NOT CONSUMED WITHIN AN HOUR, YOU SHOULD DISCARD IT
- DO NOT MICROWAVE BOTTLES OR FORMULA