AGE: From 6-10 Months
YIELD: Approximately 151oz of Formula
HiPP BIO Combiotik Stage 2 No Starch is the newly released version of HiPP 2 No Starch. This updated version of the product is recognizable by the word BIO appearing above the word COMBIOTIK. Besides minor changes to the packaging, this new formulation has been improved to better conform with the EU Baby Formula Directive that went into effect in February 2020; hence, you will see differences in terms of DHA and vitamin and mineral content. Additionally, you will see improved solubility, which means easier and simplified preparation.
This new HiPP 2 No Starch formulation is suitable for infants between 6 and 10 months of age and is intended as an alternative to the standard HiPP Combiotik Stage 2, which contains starch. This product is also the nearly exact equivalent of HiPP 2 Dutch. HiPP BIO Combiotik Stage 2 No Starch contains iron for cognitive development, vitamins A, C and D for the immune system and omega-3s (ALA & DHA) for brain and nervous system development, among other important vitamins and minerals. Added probiotics support gut health, while added prebiotics help to soften baby’s stool, as with exclusively breastfed babies.
Certified organic by EU standards
Print English Instructions
View Original German-Language Labels
Probiotics based on strains found in human breastmilk
Vitamins A, C, D for baby’s immune system
Iron for cognitive development
DHA derived from fish oil
Prebioticsfor gut health and softer stool
No corn-based sweeteners
Organic skimmed milk, organic lactose, organic vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), organic whey solids, organic galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) from organic lactose, fish oil (as DHA source), calcium chloride, potassium citrate, calcium orthophosphate, calcium carbonate, L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, sodium citrate, magnesium carbonate, vitamin C, iron sulfate, stabilizer lactic acid, L-cystine, niacin, zinc oxide, natural lactic acid culture (lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716), vitamin E, pantothenic acid, copper sulphate, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, potassium iodate, folic acid, sodium selenate, manganese sulfate, vitamin K, vitamin D, biotin.
Certified organic by EU standards.
NEW PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Boil water freshly for each of baby’s meals and allow to cool down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 °C)
- Pour boiled water into a clean and sterilized bottle
- Using the scoop provided with your box of formula (note that spoon sizes vary by brand and even lot), add the correct number of leveled scoops of powder (1 leveled scoop of powder per 1oz / 30ml of water)
- Close the bottle with the nipple and cap and vigorously shake
- Cool to drinking temperature (approximately 98 degrees Fahrenheit or ~ 37 °C) and ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding to avoid scalding or burning your little one
There are many mothers that regularly use distilled water without boiling it, apparently with no negative consequences. We cannot recommend this approach and there are actual reasons even the US FDA recommends pre-boiling tap or distilled water instead. Watch this video for more insight into this topic.
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS (HiPP BIO COMBIOTIK 2 NO STARCH DHA)
# OF SCOOPS
Babies at this age (6-10 months) require roughly 5 feedings per day. A "feeding" means EITHER a solids-based meal (such as purée, porridge, or other solids based on your pediatrician's recommendations) OR a bottle feeding (of formula, in this case). Generally, for every newly introduced feeding comprised of solids, the baby should have one fewer bottle feeding. Please consult your pediatrician for guidance on solids and their introduction alongside formula feedings.
- ONCE YOU HAVE OPENED THE INNER FOIL BAG CONTAINING YOUR FORMULA, YOU SHOULD USE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS. AVOID STORING IN AREAS OF HIGH HEAT OR HUMIDITY
- IF MIXED FORMULA IS NOT CONSUMED WITHIN AN HOUR, YOU SHOULD DISCARD IT
- DO NOT MICROWAVE BOTTLES OR FORMULA