AGE: From 6-12 Months
YIELD: Approximately 201oz of Formula
HiPP Dutch Stage 2 is a certified organic, lactose-based and starch-free formula designed for babies between the ages of 6 and 12 months. Made in Germany, but packaged in Holland, this Dutch stage 2 formula is based on the same formula found in the no starch version of German HiPP Stage 2. HiPP Dutch 2 is a nutritionally complete formula that you can feed your baby as you continue to introduce more solid foods. Compared to HiPP Dutch Stage 1 (0-6 months), this formula is designed to meet the differing nutritional needs of babies once they hit 6 months of age. As one example, HiPP Dutch Stage 2 contains more iron than Stage 1, given that babies require more iron starting around 6 months of age.
HiPP Dutch Stage 2 contains probiotics to support gut health in addition to prebiotics, which can help soften baby’s stool. Additionally, this formula contains added DHA to support brain and nervous system development. As with the other stages of HiPP Dutch that we carry, this formula meets or exceeds all EU requirements for organic certification, which are generally held to be stricter than organic standards in the US.
Certified organic by EU standards
Print English Instructions
View Original Dutch-Language Labels
Probiotics based on strains found in human breast milk
Only contains lactose as a carbohydrate
Prebiotics improve gut health and help prevent constipation
DHA derived from fish oil
No corn-based sweeteners
Organic skimmed milk, organic lactose, organic vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), organic whey product, organic galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) from organic lactose, fish oil (as DHA source), calcium orthophosphate, potassium chloride, sodium selenate, L-tyrosine, zinc sulfate, L-tryptophan, sodium citrate, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, vitamin C, iron sulfate, L-cysteine, potassium iodate, niacin, natural lactic acid culture (lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716), vitamin E, manganese sulfate, pantothenic acid, copper sulfate, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, Calcium L-Methylfolate (i.e. "Metafolin"), vitamin K, vitamin D, d-Biotin.
Certified organic by EU standards.
- Boil water freshly for each of baby’s meals and allow to cool down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 °C)
- Pour boiled water into a clean and sterilized bottle
- Using the scoop provided with your box of formula (note that spoon sizes vary by brand and even lot), add the correct number of leveled scoops of powder (1 leveled scoop of powder per 1oz / 30ml of water).
- Close the bottle with the nipple and cap and vigorously shake
- Cool to drinking temperature (approximately 98 degrees Fahrenheit or ~ 37 °C) and ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding to avoid scalding or burning your little one
There are many mothers that regularly use distilled water without boiling it, apparently with no negative consequences. We cannot recommend this approach and there are actual reasons even the US FDA recommends pre-boiling tap or distilled water instead. Watch this video for more insight into this topic.
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS (HIPP DUTCH 2)
SERVINGS PER DAY
# OF SCOOPS
|Babies in the 6-12 month region require roughly 5 meals per day comprised of EITHER formula OR solids. For each meal comprised of solids you introduce, you should remove one formula feeding/meal, such that the sum of formula formula and solids meals is roughly 5 per day.
||5 fl oz (150ml)
|6 fl oz (180ml)
- ONCE YOU HAVE OPENED THE INNER FOIL BAG CONTAINING YOUR FORMULA, YOU SHOULD USE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS. AVOID STORING IN AREAS OF HIGH HEAT OR HUMIDITY
- IF MIXED FORMULA IS NOT CONSUMED WITHIN AN HOUR, YOU SHOULD DISCARD IT
- DO NOT MICROWAVE BOTTLES OR FORMULA